Manages the planning, design, installation and preventive maintenance of equipment, building machinery, building management systems and other facility systems. Plans, budgets and schedules facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs. Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout. Coordinates building and equipment services including contract maintenance and calibration, and manages external service providers. Coordinates delivery of supporting building and equipment supplies. This is a hands-on position.
Essential Functions: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the maintenance of GlobeImmune space, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, water and waste systems, etc.
- Initiates and tracks the calibration program for production and laboratory equipment.
- Manages and contracts with all outside contractors related to GlobeImmune space and equipment.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation (new employees) and layout and facility expansion.
- Installs, moves, repairs, and removes equipment and utilities within GlobeImmune space.
- Coordinates repair of office equipment.
- Manages the key card system.
- Manages Globeimmune keys.
- Keeps in compliance with and abreast of all OSHA regulations.
- Plans budgets and schedule facility modifications, including cost estimates.
- Inspects construction and installation progress.
- Oversee Cleaning and Maintenance of Facility.
- Develop and administer Facilities department budget.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong mechanical aptitudes, and a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to define problems, and resolve them quickly.
- Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations.
- Familiar with all current health and safety regulations.
- Requires strong supervisory skills, coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and or situations.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels both in and out of the plant.
- Requires strong computer skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, knowledgeably and efficiently with a wide range of employees.
Position requires a BS or higher degree with technical training in plant engineering or factory/plant maintenance.
A minimum of 7-10 years managing a biopharmaceutical or related regulated facility is required. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field is preferred. Familiarity with FDA regulated facility maintenance and design is a plus.Apply Online »